As part of the Railway Order, Metrolink have published detailed designs for the Metrolink stations and tracks in Swords.
Some of the elements:
- New designs will reinstate existing estate boundaries at Seatown, Estuary Court and Ashley.
- Metrolink will be above ground as it passes Balheary Park, with trains visible from playing pitches.
- The train will then go below ground level with sections along the R132 completely underground through ‘cut and cover’.
- Estuary Station park and ride will contain a four story car park.
- Bicycle parking buildings will be provided at Swords stations.