We need to talk about the Development Plan.
Fingal County Council is currently working on a plan that will shape the way the town of Swords will develop in the coming years.
We need to make sure that we don’t make the same mistakes of the past and that proper services and amenities go hand-in-hand with any increase in population.
As a town we need to make our voices heard. The deadline for public submissions on the plan is May 12th. That’s why I’m asking EVERYONE in Swords to make a submission to the public consulation NOW. And if you agree include the following with your submission.
- A primary care centre, located centrally and accessible to all.
- A municipal sports facility, including a public swimming pool.
- A walking and cycling network that is safe to use for young and old for all short journeys.
- A masterplan for the Ward Rivervalley Park that deals with dumping, protects nature, provides access for all, and develops amenity for the growing population.
- A necklace of open spaces around the town to protect nature, stop urban sprawl and give space to our growing population
Can you take FIVE MINUTES to make these FIVE ASKS?
If we all make these calls and show some clear objectives for the future of the town then it strenghtens the hands of planners and officials in Fingal to deliver it.